You can never be too careful with sensitive information online. Here are some tips to help prevent intercepted eTransfer attacks:
- Register for auto deposit. Having funds automatically deposited into your account removes the risk of a criminal intercepting the deposit email.
- Select questions and answers that are not easy for a third party to guess and cannot easily be found on social media. If the notification is intercepted, it will be harder for a criminal to answer and steal the funds.
- Do not put the answer to the security question in the message box.
- Be cautious of Phishing links and ensure that you are only transacting with trusted websites, vendors and people.
- Immediately notify your financial institution if you sense anything suspicious about your transaction.
Please come and see us, or give us a phone call, if you have any questions or concerns with your online services. We are here to help!