Churchbridge Credit Union Internet Banking Alerts are here!!
Guard against account fraud! Churchbridge Credit Union Alerts will let you know when important changes have been made to your information in Internet Banking. These Alerts add additional protection to allow you to identify and report potential fraudulent activity as soon as it happens.
You will be notified when:
- A new bill payee is added to your list of vendors.
- Your Personal Access Code (PAC) is changed via Internet Banking.
- If you are locked out of Internet Banking via Increased Authentication after 3 attempts to log in.
- Login Alert
- INTERAC e-Transfer† New Recipient Added Alerts
These Alerts can be sent as a text message to your mobile device, as an email to your email address or both.
How do I sign up?
- Log into Churchbridge Credit Union Internet Banking.
- Navigate to the Messages and Alerts tab and click on Get Started Today to display the Mobile Alerts page. Choose Add Contacts.
- You will be asked to accept the Alerts Agreement before you can complete your registration.
- From here, add an email contact, phone contact (or both!) and follow the instructions received in the confirmation email or text.
- Next, select account nicknames and choose which alerts you’d like to receive.
- Ensure the check box beside the contact (email address and/or mobile phone) to receive the alert has been checked by choosing Manage Alerts and selecting the alerts you wish to receive.
- You’re all set!
Managing Your Alerts Service
In addition to receiving your Direct Alerts via email or text, you can review the last 30 days of Alerts History in Internet Banking – just click on the Alerts history link on the Alerts page. You can also manage your alerts by editing the contact information, account nicknames or by choosing different alerts to be received. You can access all of these functions from the Manage Alerts tab.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are Alerts and why should I sign up?
Churchbridge Credit Union Direct Alerts make it easy to keep track of any changes that occur with Internet Banking – for example, if you sign up to receive an alert if your PAC is changed, you will receive a text or email if the Internet Banking system detects that change. If you receive an alert but did not perform a change in Internet Banking, this may be a sign of fraudulent activity. Contact your credit union immediately and we can address your concerns and take appropriate action.
- What are the fees for using Churchbridge Credit Union Alerts?
There is no charge to members for receiving alerts from Churchbridge Credit Union. However, your Mobile Service Provider may charge you for receiving text messages or for data usage. Members are advised to check with their provider for details.
- Are Alerts safe?
Personal information is not transmitted in a Direct Alerts text message or email. Accounts are identified by nickname only – no account numbers, balances or identifying details are visible. Also remember – Churchbridge Credit Union will never ask you to provide personal information over email or text.
- Which Mobile Service Carriers support Alerts?
Currently, this feature is supported by Telus, Rogers, Fido, Bell, MTS, Virgin, Sasktel, Koodoo, Solo and PC Mobile.
- What happens if I change my mobile device number?
Sign into Internet Banking and edit your Alerts Contact information to include your new mobile number.
NOTE: If a user adds a new contact to an active alert at a later date they must EDIT the alert and check the appropriate contact box. If this box is not checked the new contact will not receive an email or text alert.
- I want to add or change my email address?
Sign into Internet Banking and edit your Alerts Contact information to include or change the email address.
NOTE: Each time a contact is added or modified you must EDIT all of the active alerts and check the appropriate contact box. If this box is not checked the new contact will not receive an email or text alert.
- What happens if I lose my mobile device?
Contact your service provider to suspend your service. Then, sign in to Churchbridge Credit Union Internet Banking to deactivate the Alerts being sent to your device.
To see how easy it is to set up Alerts, click here to watch a short video.