Churchbridge Credit Union believes that education is an important part of the success of our community. We are proud to support our youth by helping them reach their goals through two scholarships, one for Secondary School graduates and the second a Post-Secondary Scholarship through Parkland College.
Churchbridge Credit Union Secondary School Graduate Scholarship
Churchbridge Credit Union issues one $500 Secondary School Graduate Scholarship in each of the schools in our trading area which includes Churchbridge Public School and Langenburg Central School. A scholarship is issued to the candidate who has met the criteria below:
- Must be a member of the Churchbridge Credit Union or have a parent that has been a member for at least one year.
- Preference will be given to a student enrolling in a business related program (Business Administration, Commerce, Communications or Marketing) – if no suitable candidates any student enrolled in any full time program will be considered
- Preference will be given to a student who has not received any other awards in the forms of bursaries or scholarships.
- Must provide a written statement not exceeding 300 words outlining contributions they have made to their community
- Selection will be based upon Credit Union Membership, academic merit and community involvement.
The final selection is to be determined by the Support Services Department.
Information is sent out directly to your school.
Churchbridge Credit Union Post-Secondary Scholarship.
Supporting the communities in which we live and work has always been an important part of who we are. We are proud to recognize a student who shares this commitment.
The recipient of this award will have demonstrated leadership and make meaningful contributions to his/her school and community, while achieving above-average scholastic performance.
The candidate for the Churchbridge Credit Union Post-Secondary Scholarship will be evaluated on the following categories:
- Community Involvement and/or Extracurricular Activities
- Integrity, Leadership and/or Mentorship to Younger Students
- Volunteer Work/Job Experience
Candidates for the Churchbridge Credit Union Post-Secondary Scholarship will be chosen based on the following eligibility requirements and selection process:
- Must be a member of the Churchbridge Credit Union or have a parent that has been a member for at least one year;
- The candidate must be selected on a basis of community involvement, extra-curricular activities, integrity, leadership, volunteer work and academic achievement;
- Candidate must have completed one year at a post-secondary institution and must be returning to post-secondary within the same calendar year. Qualifying post-secondary institutions are any University, Institute of Applied Science and Technology, and/or Business College. Proof of acceptance, proof of enrolment, and proof of full-time equivalence into a post-secondary institution will be required;
- Scholarship is available to members who have completed at least one year of studies at an approved post-secondary institution, continuing their studies. Preference will be given to those enrolled in Business, Business Administration, Business Ag, Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Marketing or Agriculture in the Fall of 2021; however, all courses will be considered;
- Complete an essay of approximately 500 words on the following topic:
Explain why credit unions are now, more than ever, relevant in today’s society.